adidas meets Afrofuturism, In Monty Marsh's New Spec (Source Creative)
At Last: A VR Music Video That Brings Slow Jams To Space (WIRED)
"While directors like Ryan Coogler, Ava DuVernay, Spike Lee, Jordan Peele, Tyler Perry and John Singleton continue to accelerate the presence of black talent in Hollywood, there is still ample room for improvement." -- Adweek
The Top 5 Creative Ideas Of The Week (AdAge)
ACCOLADES & PRESS
- Monty Marsh made history in 2016 by directing and co-producing YouTube's first Live 360 performance in collaboration with The Verge and Indy Pop Star D∆WN.
- His 'Not Above That' VR Experience (premiered by Wired Magazine), and our 2D 'Not Above That' music video (premiered by NPR) were 'Official Selection(s)' of the Austin Music Video Festival 2016. The VR Experience was also a 'Best Interactive Music Video' Award Nominee at the festival. Additionally, it was chosen as one of the three best VR music videos in the field by VR Days 2016 Europe - Europe's largest VR event. VR Scout also included the project on their 'Essential VR Music Videos of 2016' list.
- His 'Lazarus' and 'LA' music videos, and 'Love Under The Lights' interactive music video were Official Selections of the Austin Music Video Festival 2017. 'Lazarus' is a 'Best Performance' Award Nominee.
- Monty is 1 of 12 directors chosen internationally to participate in Motionpoems' Season 8 (2017): 'Dear Mr. President'. His film 'Song of the Mutant Super Boars' is an Official Selection of the Zebra Poetry Film Festival (2018) in Berlin. 80+ films were selected from a record breaking 1200 submissions from 94 countries around the world.
- Monty's ideation on his Adidas Originals spot was lauded as one of the Top 5 Creative Ideas Of The Week (2018) by AdAge, putting his work on par with global brands.
- Monty is 1 of 32 directors, and two director duos chosen by SHOOT Magazine to be part of their Director's Showcase Class of 2019.