Monty Marsh had every intention of pursuing a career on Wall Street after receiving an Economics degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, but at the eleventh hour he decided to instead pursue a career in the entertainment industry.
He spent the following years in front of the camera, as a model and actor, before joining Cinemedia Film AG's North American Film Finance Division. While at Cinemedia, Monty was required to research, forecast and present film financing opportunities to the Executive Team. His experience with Cinemedia taught him the value of 'story', and he discovered that his true passion was being behind the camera. Since then, he has worked in every facet of production including being a member of the esteemed Local 399 Teamsters Union (Location Scout / Manager).
Today, as a director and producer - Monty specializes in film / commercial / music video / VR + interactive content production.
Monty has worked on the following notable projects, and received the following accolades:
- His short film, 'Journey Home', a story about Monty's personal journey to the Slave Coast of Benin, West Africa is an Official Selection of the 2010 LA Shorts Fest. 'Journey Home' is also an Official Selection and Best Short Documentary Award Nominee of the 2011 Fallbrook Film Festival, fulfilling the scoring criterion of excellence in storytelling, technical execution, and meaningful purpose.
- Monty made history in 2016 by directing and co-producing YouTube's first Live 360 performance in collaboration with The Verge and Indy Pop Star D∆WN.
- His 'Not Above That' VR Experience (premiered by Wired Magazine), and his 2D 'Not Above That' music video (premiered by NPR) were 'Official Selection(s)' of the Austin Music Video Festival 2016. The VR Experience was also a 'Best Interactive Music Video' Award Nominee at the festival. Additionally, it was chosen as one of the three best VR music videos in the field by VR Days 2016 - Europe's largest VR event. VR Scout also included the project on their 'Essential VR Music Videos of 2016' list.
- His 'Lazarus' and 'LA' music videos, and 'Love Under The Lights' interactive music video were Official Selections of the Austin Music Video Awards 2017. 'Lazarus' is a 'Best Performance' Award Nominee.
- Monty is 1 of 10 directors chosen internationally to participate in Motionpoems' Season 8 (2017): 'Dear Mr. President'.
Always ahead of the curve, Monty took an interest in social media and digital marketing several years ago and has continuously educated himself on emerging technology, industry trends and evolving strategies surrounding audience engagement. He has completed a digital marketing certification program at General Assembly, and as an entrepreneur with an affinity for entrepreneurs, Monty regularly focuses on the most relevant skills of the 21st century.