After receiving an Economics degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Monty Marsh spent the following years in front of the camera as a Model and Actor - before joining Cinemedia Film AG's North American Film Finance Division. While at Cinemedia, Monty was responsible for researching, forecasting and presenting film financing opportunities to the Executive Team. Though his experience was built around packaging projects, negotiations and creative financing - the importance of 'Story' became paramount in his process. This led Monty behind the camera, and he has since worked in every facet of production including working as a member of the esteemed Local 399 Teamsters Union as a Location Scout / Manager for multiple A-List production companies in Los Angeles and New York.
Today, as an award winning Director and Producer - Monty specializes in film, commercial, music video, VR and interactive content strategy and production. He has completed a digital marketing certification program at General Assembly, and as an entrepreneur with an affinity for entrepreneurs - Monty regularly focuses on the most relevant skills of the 21st Century.
Monty has worked on the following notable projects, and received the following accolades:
- His short film, 'Journey Home', a story about Monty's personal journey to the Slave Coast of Benin, West Africa is an Official Selection of the 2010 LA Shorts Fest. 'Journey Home' is also an Official Selection and Best Short Documentary Award Nominee of the 2011 Fallbrook Film Festival, fulfilling the scoring criterion of excellence in storytelling, technical execution, and meaningful purpose.
- Monty made history in 2016 by directing and co-producing YouTube's first Live 360 performance in collaboration with The Verge and Indy Pop Star D∆WN.
- His 'Not Above That' VR Experience (premiered by Wired Magazine), and his 2D 'Not Above That' music video (premiered by NPR) were 'Official Selection(s)' of the Austin Music Video Festival 2016. The VR Experience was also a 'Best Interactive Music Video' Award Nominee at the festival. Additionally, it was chosen as one of the three best VR music videos in the field by VR Days 2016 - Europe's largest VR event. VR Scout also included the project on their 'Essential VR Music Videos of 2016' list.
- His 'Lazarus' and 'LA' music videos, and 'Love Under The Lights' interactive music video were Official Selections of the Austin Music Video Awards 2017. 'Lazarus' is a 'Best Performance' Award Nominee.
- Monty is 1 of 12 directors chosen internationally to participate in Motionpoems' Season 8 (2017): 'Dear Mr. President'.
- Monty is 1 of 6 directors out of 400 chosen to participate in the inaugural AICP / DGA supported Commercial Directors Diversity Program (2018).